Wong & Partners, the member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, had a successful outing at the annual Asian Legal Business (ALB) Malaysia Law Awards 2017 by taking home six awards, including Deal Firm of the Year and Malaysia Deal of the Year. The awards ceremony, which was held on 6 April 2017 at the InterContinental Hotel Kuala Lumpur was attended by private practitioners and in-house counsel from leading domestic and international companies.
The awards which were wrestled away by the Firm last night include:
- Debt Market Deal of the Year: Project Financing for Bakun Dam
- M&A Deal of the Year: Mcdonald's Landmark Transfer of MY and SG subsidiaries to Ali Reza Group
- Malaysia Deal of the Year: Mcdonald's Landmark Transfer of MY and SG subsidiaries to Ali Reza Group
- Deal Firm of the Year
In the individual categories, two of our partners from the Corporate & Securities practice bagged two key awards:
- Dealmaker of the Year: Munir Abdul Aziz
- Young Lawyer of the Year: Ee Von Teo (Ee Von was one of the leading partners together with Kherk Ying Chew and Andre Gan on the McDonald's Landmark Transfer deal which won M&A Deal of the Year and Malaysia Deal of the Year)
"We are so very proud of the achievements of the Firm at this year's ALB awards," said managing partner Andre Gan. "We have been very fortunate to have worked with fantastic clients who entrust us to work on game-changing and market-moving transactions, as demonstrated by the award winning deals. Being recognised as Deal Firm of the Year was really icing on the cake!"
"I would also like to acknowledge and congratulate my fellow partners Munir and Ee Von for their individual wins, and to our Finance & Projects lead partner Mark Lim, whose team won the Debt Market Deal of the Year," added Andre.
“These wins certainly capped off a strong year for our finance and corporate practices in 2016."